Monday, October 12, 2009

''There wasn't a dour face in the audience, except for Jon Tattrie's'

so i wasn't a big fan of neptune's game of love and chance, and said as much in my CC column. this week, a letter writer to the weekly news had a different take:

"Don't walk, run to see this play"
To the editor:

I am certainly glad that I didn't read critic Jon Tattrie's review of Neptune's spectacularly hilarious play The Game of Love and Chance before I saw it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gone, due to Jon's shallow and humourless interpretations of the play, and his poor recommendation.

I don't even remember the last time that I laughed so hard that I couldn't stop the tears from streaming down my face. There wasn't a dour face in the audience, except for Jon Tattrie's, of course. Don't walk ... run to see this play. You'll want to see it twice.

J. Jamieson, Halifax.


well said!
blog comments powered by Disqus